Recycled Resource Management
Working together to solve waste management problems and identify beneficial reuse solutions for unwanted water and waste products
The team at Pinion Advisory have significant experience in the management of recycled water and other waste products with potential agricultural benefit.
Our services include:
- Developing designs and management plans for environmental and planning approvals
- Liaison with regulators and other stakeholders
- Ongoing monitoring, management and regulatory reporting
Our clients include water authorities, local councils, government departments, agricultural producers, processors (e.g. dairy, salmon, meat), developers and waste management enterprises.
We have been involved in the design, development and ongoing operations and monitoring of recycled water irrigation schemes across Tasmania and Victoria for many years. We regularly work with clients to develop EPA and/or council approved irrigation schemes for wastewater from salmon hatcheries and a range of processing facilities. As well as management plans for effluent from dairies and feedlots, waste products from abattoirs, beneficial reuse of biosolids and design and approvals of composting facilities.
Features of the team
We work closely with Pinion Advisory’s Water Resource Management, Agronomy and Natural Resource Management teams to provide a complete and integrated service from project inception, through regulatory approval processes, overseeing construction requirements and into ongoing management, monitoring and reporting. Services we provide include:
- Development of reuse solutions for wastewater, biosolids and food/fibre industry waste products
- Regulatory liaison, approvals and reporting to EPA
- Recycled water scheme feasibility assessments
- Management plans for land application of recycled water or waste products
- Irrigation system and scheme design and operational management
- Construction project tendering and contract management
- Environmental monitoring, including soil, surface water and groundwater monitoring programs
- Nutrient and irrigation budgeting
- Agronomic and irrigation advice
- Compliance auditing programs
- Coaching to assist with on-ground implementation of management plans
- Recycled water training and advice
Benefits of working with our team
Our team is experienced in the end to end management of recycled water and other waste products. We have the capacity to develop and deliver sustainable solutions from concept to development, working with regulators through approvals processes and onwards to monitoring and reporting.
We have hands-on experience in the operational management of recycled water irrigation schemes, composting facilities and implementation of EPA approved management plans and monitoring programs. This practical experience enables us to work closely with clients to develop practical and achievable solutions.