Providing our clients with the most appropriate and beneficial outcome for their specific needs in a timely and cost effective manner
Our water team includes some of Australia’s most experienced water engineers and irrigation design specialists. We enjoy turning big ideas for water supply into practical realities but can also fix those small but irritating irrigation problems. From feasibility assessment, dam, pump station and pipeline design, irrigation operations and stream flow monitoring, we have your water planning, design and operational needs covered. We work with state and local government, water utilities, corporate agriculture, family farms and recreational and amenity horticulture, in urban, rural and regional contexts.
Our independence ensures that our focus is always on the client.
Feasibility and planning
Thorough evaluation and planning are critical in delivering successful water management projects. By engaging our team of water specialists early in a project, our clients benefit from years of experience and a history of turning ideas (big and small) into sustainable, efficient infrastructure solutions.
- Site assessments and surveys
- Assessment of water resource options
- Agricultural and environmental due diligence assessments
- Feasibility studies, detailed business cases and budget estimates
- Approvals processes (planning, environmental, dam permits and water licencing)
Whether it be a dam, a pipeline, a pump station, a vertical garden a sportsfield or a whole rural irrigation scheme, our water engineering team has a strong track record of designing and delivering successful projects for clients. Our team have been involved in many large-scale irrigation projects and water supply developments across Australia, earning us a reputation for being solution focused, practical, collaborative and a key element to a successful water infrastructure project.
- Design of water related civil infrastructure from concept through to detailed design phase
- Functional design of water schemes including scheme control and monitoring
- Project Management, Contract management and administration services including provision of superintendents for water infrastructure projects
- Hydraulic modelling including 2D flood modelling, dam break modelling and levee impact modelling
- Dams engineering including permitting concept and detailed design, inspection review, dam safety management
The design phase presents an unparalleled opportunity to shape the performance of your irrigation or water assets, streamline operations and maximise efficiency and sustainability. Our independence provides clients with the peace of mind that our approach is always focused on the needs of the end-user, rather than the limitations of off-the-shelf products. In addition to design services, Pinion Advisory can document requirements for supply, construction and commissioning of your system, giving you the knowledge that your project is adequately scoped, budgeted and construction -ready.
Services provided by our experienced, certified irrigation team include:
- Complete irrigation system design including civil and electrical components
- Hydraulic modelling and analysis
- Capital and operational cost forecasts
- Control system design
- Performance optimisation
- Detailed drawings
- Bill of quantities
- Technical, tender and contract documentation
- Irrigation risk management plans
Water monitoring and operations
We believe that you monitor to manage, and to get the best management outcomes, you need timely and good quality information. Our services include a wide range of surface and groundwater monitoring services, as well as support to assist you with the operation of irrigation and water supply schemes. We have many years of experience at the coalface with fresh and recycled water irrigation customers, and work constructively with stakeholders to optimise infrastructure performance, management of customer expectations and provide on-the-ground support where required.
- Provision of scheme managers to undertake day to day operations, water allocations and scheduling, and customer management
- Design and delivery of training programs to cover all aspects of water management and sustainable water use
- Irrigation system auditing to assess both agricultural and engineering performance (e.g. water use, energy efficiency, water uniformity and scheduling to crop requirements)
- Hydrology services
- Design, construct and operation of surface water monitoring stations
- Water quality sampling
- Ground water monitoring
- Water level and streamflow
- Installation of dam level and volume monitoring
- Realtime rainfall and evaporation data collection
- Web-data hosting
- Data management, editing, validation, and analysis using the Seveno DataSight cloud-based system
- Flow gauging measurements and rating curve development
- Aquatic Ecology Assessments
HydroPlan joins Pinion Advisory!
On 1 January 2022, respected Irrigation and Water Engineering firm HydroPlan joined Agribusiness, Water and Environmental Consultancy Pinion Advisory.
HydroPlan was established in 1985 and has grown to become one of Australia’ largest independent irrigation and water engineering consulting firms. HydroPlan specialises in the design, documentation, and construction management of irrigation projects across Australia and internationally.
The HydroPlan team provides services to farmers, water utilities, sporting clubs, local and state government, architects, developers, and engineers.