Are you ready to gain the skills you need to run your family farm?
19-20 March 2024, Clare SA
Kicking off in March 2024, Next Gen Breakthrough is a 3 year program developed to foster the next generation of farm managers.
Managing a farm is a complex business. Therefore having the right skills is pivotal to the overall success of the business. If you're looking to gain the valuable skills and knowledge required to run a modern farming business, then the Next Gen Breakthrough program is for you.
Next Gen Breakthrough is a three year program designed to assist and support the development of the next generation of farm managers. Learn through interactive workshops focusing on financial, business and people management skills with practical tips, tricks and tools to gain confidence in decision making on the farm. As a participant in this program, you will learn from fellow producers and their mentors about how they have made a positive impact on their farm businesses and ensure they continue their families' legacy into the future.
This program is ideally suited to next-generation farm managers starting their business management journey, working through management succession and wanting to improve their management skills. You can participate with multiple members of your business, another ‘next-gen’ such as a sibling, colleague or partner.
Pinion Advisory, supporting the next generation of farm managers.
Please note: You need to download the fillable registration form to be able to email.
WHAT TO EXPECT
• Two 2-day workshops per year for 3 years plus webinars between workshops
• Coaching and support from experienced Pinion Advisory consultants
• Sessions and content focused on application to YOUR business, not case studies
• Mentors, chosen by participants, engaged in the process, attend one workshop per year
• Networking with like minded business managers, farmer guest speakers and farm tours
OVERVIEW OF TOPICS COVERED
• Strategic planning to guide your business into the future
• Succession planning including discussions on succession principles, family remuneration, and management succession
• Farm financial knowledge, including benchmarking and budgeting
• Developing a family corporation that is accountable, profitable and effective
• Self-development, including time management, personality understanding, leadership, communication and relationships
• Developing business cases to pitch your investment ideas and opportunities
• Technical tutorials on commodity risk management, leasing and share farming, human resources and critical thinking
Why did you join the Next Gen Breakthrough Group?
“My Dad was flying by the seat of his own pants when he first started farming, so he was eager to seek professional help to equip the next generation better. We saw this program as the perfect opportunity not only further to develop my skillset as a farm manager but also assist with making the succession of the business a smooth transition.”
$4,400 per participant/year GST inc
Additional next generation participants from the same business $1,100/year GST inc
Mentors attend free of charge
For more information, please call Royce or Carlyn.
Royce Pitchford - 0429 305 915
Carlyn Sherriff - 0439 773 688
Request a callback
Please fill in the form below and we will give you a call back to discuss the Next Gen program with you.