Farm Salary Survey
Farm Salary Survey Report
An insight into renumeration packages and farm labour trends
Released October 2022
To attract and retain farm employees in a tight labour market, you need to offer competitive wages and conditions.
It can be difficult to do this if you don’t know what the industry standard is, or what other similar farm businesses are offering for the same positions.
Order your copy of the Farm Salary Survey Report today to find out!
A snapshot of the Farm Salary Survey Report results include:
- 97 farm roles were reviewed for the 21/22 financial year and are reported in the sixth edition of the Farm Salary Survey.
- 88% of businesses were from South Australia. The remainder were from Tasmania, New South Wales and Victoria.
- 89% of employers who undertook recruitment filled the roles they were looking for, and of these, 27% described the process as easy.
- 86% record hours worked. Just over half of these businesses use a timebook or manual system.
- 85% of managers and 60% of Assistant Managers are paid via an annual amount/salary.
- 50% of Experienced Farm Assistants are paid hourly at the same rate, for example $32 per hour.
The report provides a comprehensive review of farm-based positions including Farm Manager, Assistant Farm Manager/Overseer, Farm Operations Assistant/Farm Hand and administration roles.
Available in print or electronically, the report has been created specifically to outline the remuneration packages across predominantly broadacre cropping and mixed enterprise (livestock and cropping) businesses.
The report contains insights into:
- Average hours worked, by role
- How employees are remunerated (salary versus hourly rate plus overtime versus flat hourly rate)
- How overtime is remunerated
- Additional non-cash benefits
If you are a farm business currently employing staff, or likely to in the future, you will be able to make informed decisions based on this valuable data. This report will enable you to benchmark your remuneration packages against a snapshot of the market. You will gain insights into farm labour trends which will help you to attract and retain key team members who add value to your business.
To order a copy ($198 inc GST), or to discuss your human resource needs or remuneration package planning, contact Pinion Advisory, 1300 746 466, email or click the ‘Order Now’ button to be directed to the order form.